Wednesday, June 2, 2010


Yesterday we got all dressed up and took the metro to Nevsky Prospekt, the famous St. Petersburg street that is the 'heart of the city.' There we went to a little shop and ate ълини (bliny) or Russian pancakes with filling. I had a meat and potato bliny (which was the best) as well as a creamy chicken bliny and a ham and mushroom bliny and I tasted someone else's hot chocolate bliny, which was wonderful, as well as some Kvass, a drink made from fermented bread. The Kvass was actually very good, with a taste similar to a sweet, carbonated beer. After dinner we walked around Nevsky and along the Neva River. When we came back it started to rain and it was so cold in our dorm that I had so sleep with my robe and one jacket on over my pajamas and my other coat over my feet! I'm posting a picture of my lunch in a Russian canteen, the poppy seed roll was very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment